Elizabeth A. Lunt
I am an experienced criminal defense and civil litigation attorney, handling both trial and appellate work for over 35 years.Practice Focus
I have spent more than three decades as a trial and appellate criminal defense attorney in both state and federal courts. My defense practice covers a wide range of felonies, including first degree murder, sex offenses, drug offenses, racketeering and fraud, misdemeanors, restraining orders and juvenile delinquency cases. I have extensive experience in trial and pre-trial practice and also in litigating new trial motions, motions to withdraw guilty pleas, and appeals.
My civil litigation practice includes representation of professionals in licensing matters and both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury and civil rights cases.Professional Activities
- Former president, current board member, Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL).
- Member, Supreme Judicial Court Nominating Commission
- President of the Board, Community Legal Services and Counseling Center.
- Frequent lecturer, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
- Best Lawyers in America
- White collar criminal defense
- Non-white collar criminal defense
- Super Lawyers, Massachusetts [2004 - 2012, 2014 - 2020]
- Martindale-Hubbell Highest Possible Rating – AV Preeminent®
J.D., Harvard Law School, cum laude,, 1978
Diploma in Social Administration, London School of Economics, 1974
B.A., Oxford University, Honours,, 1973
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
International Criminal Court
- Massachusetts Superior Court, 1978-1979
Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Past President (2013-2015)
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Community Legal Services and Counseling Center
Vice-President of Board
Boston Bar Association
Former Council and Executive Committee Member