Drug charges are among the most serious criminal offenses in many states, including Massachusetts. For over 40 years, we have successfully defended those accused of crimes involving narcotics and other drugs, including cocaine, crack, heroin, marijuana, ecstasy (MDMA), amphetamines, oxycodone, and other prescription drugs.Tirelessly Fighting for Your Rights
Drug crimes can be extremely serious and can result in harsh prison sentences, but often a better outcome is possible. There are many ways in which a drug case can be successfully defended, such as motions to dismiss, motions to suppress evidence, defense verdicts, and favorable plea arrangements. We work to achieve the best possible results for you.
Our Boston criminal defense team has handled state and federal cases involving allegations of possession, importation, distribution, trafficking, and possession with intent to distribute numerous different types of drugs. We can assist in all phases of a criminal matter, including the initial police investigation, a grand jury or show cause hearing, pretrial hearings, discovery, trial, and if necessary, sentencing and appeals.
Whether through acquittal or dismissal of charges, reduction to lesser charges, less severe sentences, probation, or alternative dispositions, we will serve as your fearless advocates. Examples of our successful track record include:
- Obtained a dismissal of all charges in a cocaine trafficking case after winning a motion to suppress evidence.
- Succeeded in a marijuana case in suppressing evidence of two dead bodies and a trail of blood leading to the safe house in which our client was found, and our client was acquitted of all charges.
- Successfully cleared past charges from a client’s record who was facing a 10-15 year sentence as a “career offender,” and instead, the client received a sentence of three to four years.
- We are familiar with the complex statutes and guidelines involved and have also been able to negotiate favorable resolutions for many clients.
- Secured a sentence of 60 months (where the Guidelines Range was 210 to 260 months) for a client charged as a leader in an ecstasy and marijuana operation.
- In a federal case arising out of a marijuana growing operation, our client was sentenced to just five months.
When facing drug charges, it is important to have a criminal defense attorney by your side. Call our Boston criminal defense lawyers at 617-742-6020 or complete our contact form to get in touch with us.