If you have been charged with a serious crime, you need the best legal team to handle your defense. At Zalkind, we specialize in criminal defense work and boast an outstanding record of success in defending people against the ultimate penalties: death or life in prison without the possibility of parole.
We have handled numerous murder cases and represent clients facing charges of first-degree murder, manslaughter, attempted murder, vehicular homicide, and armed robbery, as well as cases involving racketeering, extortion, and organized crime. We have also represented juvenile offenders accused of murder, arson, and other serious violent offenses.Bringing All Our Resources to Bear
When representing you, we employ the collective knowledge and creative thinking of our extraordinary legal team to develop a theory of the case and a defense strategy. We leave no stone unturned in our efforts, and partner with some of the best investigators, psychologists, DNA experts, medical doctors, and other experts in the country. Backed by this army of information and experts, we have a winning record at trial.
If advantageous to you, we will negotiate a plea deal. Our willingness to take cases to trial helps us when negotiating pleas with prosecutors and, in some cases, has given clients the possibility of no jail time when they faced a lifetime of imprisonment with no hope of release.
Examples of our success include:
- Secured a not guilty verdict in a first-degree murder trial where one of the alleged surviving victims testified and identified our client as the perpetrator of the crime.
- Represented a client facing the death penalty for charges of murder and racketeering in federal court. We made a presentation to the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., and the government decided not to seek the death penalty against our client. We then tried the case to a jury in federal district court in Boston and obtained a verdict of not guilty for our client.
- Obtained a not guilty verdict for a client following a jury trial in a multi-defendant racketeering case in federal court where our client was the alleged assassin in multiple gang shootings.
- Secured a not guilty verdict after the jury deliberated for only two hours in a federal armed robbery case where the alleged victim was shot.
- Convinced a judge to dismiss our client’s indictment for murder where the prosecutor had improperly presented highly prejudicial evidence to the grand jury.
- Convinced a judge through expert testimony that our clients were not responsible for reason of insanity in two separate attempted murder cases.
- Convinced a state prosecutor to reduce a felony charge of armed assault with intent to rob to assault with a dangerous weapon, and ultimately a judge agreed to a short, suspended sentence.
If you have been arrested or charged with a violent crime, it is important to get legal advice immediately. Call our Boston criminal defense lawyers at 617-742-6020 or complete our contact form to get in touch with us.